top of page

EILEEN MCDARGH'S

Resiliency Report

Published monthly and when the mood strikes.

Update from Eileen

The subject line above was one of Mom’s favorite sayings.  I always thought it was that crazy

Pennsylvania Dutch muddle that seemed to turn sentences inside out:


“Throw father down the stairs his hat.”

“It’s spritzing.”

“She’s a little Schnickelfritz.”

“Throw the cow over the fence some hay.”


But the very first one about the penalty of hurrying is so very apropos about these crazy times.

Slow down—turn off the cell phone. Leave racing for the Turkey Trots. Get more sleep. Leave the email alone. And celebrate the month of July with a sabbatical.


Care to join me? I will FINALLY have a week-long vacation with my dear soul sister, Marilyn Semonick on a lake in Michigan. She and I will then join my colleagues at the 50th anniversary, celebration and conference of the National Speakers Association. When and how will you take a sabbatical?  I’d love to hear from you. Write me at eileen@eileenmcdargh.com

Employee Burnout is at an all-time high. Listen up, leaders.

Employee Burnout is at an all-time high. Listen up, leaders.

No everyone can take a sabbatical. As hopeful as I am, the reality is that organizations are not doing enough to ease the pressures, stress, demands, and anxieties within a workplace. Good news— the first step is so simple that many ignore it: LISTEN. 


Don’t take my word for it. Read this great article by Jim Link, CHRO of the SHRM. Remember, the eyes don’t have it—the ears do!

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

July 2023

10 Questions You Need to Ask About Psychological Safety in Your Organization and the Key Tool To HelpYou Get There.

10 Questions You Need to Ask About Psychological Safety in Your Organization and the Key Tool To HelpYou Get There.

My friend and colleague, Markus van Alphen, has created a special resource “10 Questions You, Need to Ask About Psychological Safety in Your Organization and the Key Tool To Help You. Get There.” 


If you visit https://excellent-leader.com/free-resource/ and complete the form you will get a PDF of the resource and future copies of his newsletter!

Another Geography Quiz

Another Geography Quiz

  • What has more Irish than in Dublin, Ireland, more Italians than in Rome, Italy, and more. Jews than in Tel Aviv, Israel?? Answer: New York.

  • What state has ONLY man-made lakes? Answer: Ohio.

  • What was the first city to reach a population of 1 million people? Answer: Rome, Italy in 133 B.C.

  • True or False: There is a city called Rome on every continent: TRUE!


JUST For Laughs


  • You mean to tell me this is 2% milk?!?! What is the other 98%???

  • If it fits in a toaster, I can cook it.

  • Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the reason I have trust issues.

  • If a stranger sits next to you, say "Did you bring the money?”

  • Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies and they wrote in hydraulics.

MUST Read Book

If anyone is qualified to talk about resilience, it is heart and double-lung transplant survivor and four time marathon runner, Mark Black. It was my honor to provide testimony for the book. I love the idea of a road map and that there are multiple directions we can take to reclaim our lives. He has crossed the globe educating thousands on things we do to sabotage our success and how to function in a demanding world, a difficult world, and a fractured world.


You’ll find so much wisdom and practical advice is this book. PLUS… for a short time, the Kindle version is FREE. 


Grab your copy of "The Resilience Roadmap" today and embark on a life-changing journey.

MUST Read Book

Come Visit A Work Of Art

My totally NEW website designed by the amazing Tee Jay with videos created by the equally awesome Thiago deSouza. I’ll be happy to share their contact information with you! Why keep a good thing secret! E-mail me: eileen@eileenmcdargh.com.

MUST Read Book

About Eileen

If you are looking for a unique keynote speaker in resiliency, a facilitator for executive retreats, a speech coach or an emcee/moderator, then you want to work with Eileen McDargh, CSP, CPAE. Eileen has spoken for audiences as large as 15,000 and facilitated groups as small as 18! She is the author of seven books and other products that you can find in her online store. The British Research firm of Global Gurus ranked her #4 among the top 30 communication gurus worldwide. Why not hire Eileen for your next event? 

Ranked 3rd!

This is the 6th year in a row that I have been ranked in the top 5 in communication. Global Gurus surveys some 26,000 business professionals to determine rankings plus professionals also vote. 

Yahoo!

Thank You!

Welcome to the McDargh Clan of Clients

Welcome to the McDargh Clan of Clients. Brady Ware Women’s Conference—celebrating its 10th year.

bottom of page