Welcome to Life 3.0 !
While all of us are or have been in a lockdown mode from Covid-19, we’re discovering (or rediscovering) parts of our life that we lost or never tried before. Whether it’s zooming your grandma or taking a longer look at kindness and wearing pajamas all day long, we’re uncovering a great resilience skill: reframing.
Reframing is to look at what is in front of us and walk around it—getting a different perspective—seeing what is possible versus impossible. During this time away from the routine of work, I’m hearing from clients and colleagues that there are newer, happier and healthier habits they wish to keep whenever this current situation alters.
Here are the top five habits that rise to the surface:
• Staying in touch with family and friends who normally fall to the bottom of the “to do” list.
• Slowing down and being present in the moment.
• Getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every day
• Practicing gratitude. We don’t realize how much we truly have until extraneous goes away
• Having special family time at meals and at least one night a week- NO cell phones allowed.
Of course, I also would add daily exercise, learning something new, and meditating.
What would be on your list of habits worth keeping? Write me. I’d love to know